Platform Scholars is a part-time school for students to enjoy intensive, engaging and high quality teaching in Maths, English and Science at key stages 2, 3 & 4. Why attend Platform Scholars?
- Experienced and outstanding teachers.
- Strictly limited class sizes of only 12 students to propel student learning beyond outcomes being currently achieved in their full-time school.
- Learning groups of 12 allow for cooperative learning groups. This promotes pacey, engaging, interactive and varied learning structures and experiences to optimize learning outcomes.
- All students complete a PLP (Personal Learning Profile) and entry assessment in order for the Scholars teachers to be fully informed about the student’s learning experience and ability prior to attending classes.
- Entry assessments are used to inform and tailor curriculum delivery so the scholars learning needs are met in exciting differentiated lessons.
For students enrolling to start 5th Novemeber there will be an assessment session two weeks before in order to establish teacher knowledge and understanding of student learning needs.
Assessment morning 22th October 10.00-11.00
Our part-time school for performing arts classes are held at: Cottingham high School, Harland Way, Cottingham, East Yorkshire, HU16 5PX. Map shown below.
Days & Times
(Refer to ‘Term Dates’ for the academic year ahead)
|Scholars Key Stage 2, 3 or 4
All students take a class of Maths, English & Science on rotation each morning
|KS2 ages 8-10
KS3 ages 11-13
KS4 ages 14-16
|All three Key Stages study from 10.00-12:30 on rotation through the three lessons.
3 x 45 minute lessons with a short break.
|All three lessons Maths, English & Science for £24|