TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. These terms and conditions apply to Platform courses given to students, applied for and consented to by the parent or guardian (referred to herein after as “student”).
Changes to these terms and conditions require the written consent of Platform.
2. Course times and fees are given in the “classes page”. An application will only be deemed to have been accepted if accompanied by payment of the required deposit (one weeks tuition).
Receipt of the application and any deposit or fees paid at the time of application will be
confirmed in writing (email / text) along with all relevant course details.
Final acceptance of any student is not confirmed until an email or text has been issued.
3. Classes take place once a weekly, as stated on the website, during the school academic terms.
The term dates for the proceeding year are made available online line through the
‘platformschools’ website and confirmed in emails and or texts to members.
4. Written confirmation via email or text from Platform establishes a contract for the provision
of teaching services when a student is allocated a place.
5. Payment must always be made prior to and in advance of any tuition.
Payments must be made in half or full term installments in advance of the weeks for tuition. Payment date are given to members in advance of each term.
For Performing Arts: For new members, an initial one week payment must be made to secure a membership application for classes. Following this, a block payment for the proceeding 3 weeks must be paid to complete a 4 week phase of teaching. This 4 week period then completes the ‘settling in period’ and a termly payment contract is then established and in place. A minimum advance payment is required in half or full term installments in advance of tuition.
Payment for Platform Scholars: For new members, an initial one week payment must be made to secure a membership application for classes. Following this, a block payment for the proceeding 2 weeks must be paid to complete a 3 week phase of teaching. This 3 week period then completes the ‘settling in period’ and a termly payment contract is established and in place. On the 3rd week payment must then be made to complete the term. Each following term must have a minimum of an advance half term payment.
For both Performing Arts and Scholars members, payments must be paid to cover all tuition sessions even when the student is absent.
Course/class charges do not cover additional examination board costs for partaking in examinations.
Such charges are the responsibility of the parent/guardian of the student
who is participating.
6. Cancellation – Where a student is attending any course for the first time, the contract can
be terminated no later than 5 days after the second course day.
Any fees paid, over and above the tuition time amount of the two sessions, will be refunded.
Termination will only be accepted when received by Platform in writing from their parent/guardian – thereafter, the contract automatically continues for the consecutive term unless it is terminated before the end of the sixth week session. In that case the contract will expire on the last day of the current term. Termination will only be accepted when received by Platform in writing from the student’s parent/guardian.
7. Platform reserves the right to exclude students when necessary from lessons at its discretion.
8. Platform reserves the right to make changes to the timetable and to the teaching staff.
9. Platform reserves the right to adapt the balance of time allocation in Dance, Drama and Singing provision at times when addressing preparation needs for producing show work.
10. Platform reserves the right for the taking of film and photography, by Platform
from rehearsal sessions and performance, to be used in promotional material and for
promotional purposes. Parents and guardians must inform Platform in writing if they do not
consent to the taking and use of photography and film in these cases.
11. Fees are reviewed annually and are subject to change if necessary in the September of an academic year.
12. Students participate at their own risk and are obliged to inform Platform and its staff
of any existing injuries or medical condition.
13. Students are obliged to take care of their own belongings.
Platform can accept no liability for lost or damaged of belongings.
14. The liability of Platform and that of its staff is restricted to class time only and then
only to gross negligence.